ABCO Divers Ltd were contracted by Belfast Harbour Commissioners to supply specialist marine equipment and diving support for the inspection of the existing Cathodic Protection System in Belfast Harbour.
ABCO mobilised to undertake inspection on 13 number structures within Belfast Harbour Estate, with close liaison with Port Control to plan dive operations in line with shipping schedules and port operations.
The work package included;
- Site Health & Safety Plans, with close liaison with the client and stakeholders, to ensure access and egress arrangements.
- Mobilisation of Dive team, SRP Dive System & Hi-Ab crane in support of Cathodic Protection inspection works.
- General inspection of anodes and welding. Removal, clean, weighing and replacement of 1% of anodes.
- Provision HD digital video recording and photographic logs of inspection regime.
- Comprehensive Inspection Report for all structures, including CP Assessment compiled by ABCO's in-house civil dive engineer.