ABCO Marine IRL Ltd awarded contract by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) for the delivery of the Killybegs Small Craft Harbour – Phase 3 project. The contract involved the installation of 11 No. circular steel piles (508mm outside diameter) socketed into rock within Killybegs Harbour.
The scope of works delivered by ABCO included:
- Installation of 11No. Phase 3 steel tubular piles for breakwaters and access walkway units;
- Realignment of Phase 2 access walkway units to Phase 3 layout and installation of further units from on-site storage;
- Adherence to environmental constraints as per the conditions of planning permission in particular constraints in relation to marine mammals;
- PSCS role for the duration of the works.
- Mobilisation and construction of C59 Emotion Jack Up Barge to support pile installation, with support work boats for positioning and crew access.
- Transfer Barge c/w mobile crawler crane used to support the pile installation. Transferring materials from the quay to the piling location.
- Removal of drill and piling generated waste, with materials separated into skips and lifted from barge onto Crane Barge and onto shore for disposal.
- Environmental Procedures adopted for the works, with a Marine Mammal Observer employed for the duration of the project. Soft Start Procedures and Marine Mammal Observation periods employed for the delivery of the piling works.
Liaison with DAFM Harbour Master in Killybegs to support the construction activities and establishment of site compounds for materials and welfare facilities.